Pedicure at Home: A DIY Guide for Beautiful Feet
Your feet can tell a lot about you. It goes without saying that great looking feet can boost your self-confidence. But it takes so much time and money to get great looking feet, right? Well, not anymore.
Follow our DIY pedicure and other tips to leave your feet feeling and looking beautiful from the comfort of your own home.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for more information.
Where to Start?
Our feet contain nerves that are connected to every major body organ, including the heart and stomach. This is why the Thai acupressure is so popular when it comes to relieving stress. If you take care of your feet, your feet will help to take care of your body. They have been carrying you around all day; they deserve it.
Taking Care of Your Feet
1. DIY Pedicure
Even thinking about a pedicure relaxes you. The thought of sitting back and letting someone do the work for you sounds like bliss but doing it yourself can bring the same relaxation along with increased satisfaction and less money spent. Before you start, grab the following items (or as many as you have):
Step by Step Guide
- 1Clean your nails with the acetone. Cut and file them as needed.
- 2Massage cream into your nails (or honey). Dip your feet into the tub of hot water (mixed with a little shampoo). Throw in some lemon slices and petals if you want the royal treatment.
- 3After 15 minutes, clean your nails and use the pumice stone on any dry areas (especially concentrating on your heels). Dry your feet and use the nail cleaner and cutie pusher on your nails.
- 4Optional: rub the lemon slices into your skin to invigorate. Dry with towel.
- 5Rub your feet with the loofah and massage cream (with a little honey) into your skin. Wipe off excess and allow your feet to air dry.
Alternatively, you can follow the steps presented in this video.
2. Tired Feet Booster
A great remedy for tired feet or feet with varicose veins:
- 1Boil two liters of water and add two cups of pine needles, two cups of rose petals, and two teaspoons of peppermint oil.
- 2Massage your feet with castor oil as the water cools to a warm temperature. Soak your feet in the foot bath for 20 minutes.
- 3If you want to add some massage, simply add some marbles or other small spherical object and roll them between the soles of your feet and the bottom of the foot bath.
- 4Dry your feet and give yourself a foot massage with your favorite moisturizing cream.
For an all-out foot bath, check out our review of the best foot spa massagers.
3. Cracked Heels
There is no quick fix for cracked heels, but a regular maintenance routine will have them looking and feeling great in no time. Follow our simple routine to take care of those cracked heels.
- 1Use a pumice stone and nail brush to clean your feet thoroughly.
- 2Massage a moisturizing cream into your feet (especially the heels). Sesame oil or sandalwood oil also works.
- 3Use a double boiler to melt some candle wax. When it has cooled slightly, apply it to your heel and let it solidify.
- 4Put cotton socks on over the wax. Leave for at least 8 hours. This is best done at night so that you can wear the sock to bed.
- 5Peel the wax off after 8 hours and repeat the next night. Follow this for at least a week to see results.
4. Chipped Nails
Chipped nails can look bad, they can be painful, and they catch on your favorite socks. Thankfully help is at hand.
Mix a teaspoon of gelatin with half a glass of water. Drink this mixture daily for two weeks. It sounds kind of crazy, but it really does work. Make sure to keep your nails trimmed, so the base has time to strengthen and rejuvenate.
Make it a Spa Pedicure
Why not add a foot massage to your pedicure routine at home? Of course, you can give yourself a foot massage or you may want to invest in a foot massager or one that is also a calf massager.
As you can see, pampering your feet is easy and cost-effective. Now that you have the methods, you can have great looking feet in no time. So, what are you waiting for?
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Massage Gear Guru is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.